The video interview is basically (and eerily) similar to the TOEFL Speaking section. You get 45 second to prep, 60 seconds to answer. Record yourself as many times as possible!! I have my candidates record themselves, upload to YouTube and send me the link so I can coach them around it.
For the “give me an example” questions use STAR format https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Situation,_Task,_Action,_Result
The questions are below. Prep a 1-min pitch for each. Eliminate “ums” and stuff – but the key to doing well here is to be as NATURAL as possible.
Do NOT have a script on the screen and “read” from it.
Do NOT sound like a robot who memorized each of the answers.
Do make little grammatical mistakes – it’s charming.
And all the basic stuff like dress accordingly, check wifi, be aware of your backdrop. *Do not have posters of naked women on the wall behind you.*
- What are you expecting to learn during your INSEAD MBA?
- How would your colleagues describe your leadership style? Give an example
- How would you fight stereotypes in a work environment?
- You are starting a new project with team members coming from different cultures and educational background. How would you make them meet?
- What do you do when someone comes to you with a problem?
- What was the most interesting project you have worked on? Why was it interesting to you?
- What does diversity mean to you?
- How do you keep track of your vision? Or that of your company?
- Why INSEAD?
- How would you establish the foundations of your company?
- What is your management style?
- How did you build your international experience?
- What is diversity according to you?
- Describe one situation where you faced ethical dilemma? How did you resolve it? What factors did you consider while resolving it?
- What according to you is required to start and run a successful business?
- One project which interested you the most and why?
- If you could teach a class on any topic, what would it be and why?
- Tell me what you like most about INSEAD.
- Give me an example of how you convinced your other team members.
- Give me an example of how you were attracted by culture from other countries.
- What are 3 key successful factors to be an entrepreneur.
- If you had an extra hour every day, what would you do with it?
- What word describes you best and why?
- Tell us about the first job you ever had?
- What’s the best book you have ever read and why?
- When you have a problem, whom do you approach for advice and why?
- What accomplishment are you really proud of?
- What’s the best piece of advice you have ever received?
- If you could witness any event..past present or future-what would it be?
- Tell us about an organization or activity in which you have dedicated significant time. Why was it meaningful to you?
- What have anyone done good for you and how did you felt about it?
- Tell us about the most interesting place you’ve traveled to. What did you enjoy most about it.
- What invention during your lifetime has had the biggest impact on you and why?
- If money was not a concern, what would you do?
- What is the most meaningful thing anyone has done for you in your life?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- What food do you like? Will you be able to eat that food everyday?
- How have you changed in the last 5 years?
- Whom do you respect most, and why?
- What is your favorite motto or quote, and why
- What risk have you taken and what did you learn?
- What impact do you have on your co-workers?