12/11/2020 by MBA Prep Coach 0 Comments
Cambridge-Judge EMBA Recommendation Questions and Rankings
Sharing the letter of recommendation questions and rankings for Cambridge-Judge EMBA.
The recommendation grid shows you what matters to Judge – what they value, which can help you identify a strategic direction in your essays and interview.
What stands out to me is that Judge asks what the recommender personally liked most about working with the candidate and also about their attitude and behavior, showing that EQ, likeability, and good citizenship is important to them. This is, of course, important to all EMBA admissions evaluators, but it is not a part of the fabric of the recommendation for all other EMBA programs.
Also review the ranked criteria they have; these are the attributes you want to show in your recs, essays, interview, and even your LinkedIn profile. Note that I said show: tell stories, don’t claim these attributes without providing examples or substantiation. The adcom will decide whether they agree based on the evidence you’ve provided.
Please provide us with a one-two page letter of reference for the candidate.
Please include the following in your reference letter:
- Your job title
- Your organization
- Your name
- Your signature (can be electronic/typed/scanned)
Please tell us anything that you think will help the Admissions Committee evaluate the candidate's application, but in particular we would like you to address the following issues:
The applicant has identified you as the following reference type: Supervisor/Peer
Please complete the following if you are a Supervisor or Peer Referee
- Elaborate and / or provide us with concrete examples if you have rated the applicant as below average, outstanding or exceptional on any of the qualities in the 'Rate the Applicant' Section.
- Describe what you like most and least about working with the applicant.
- Tell us about any particular weakness the candidate has compared to other peers / team members that you regularly work with.
- Describe the applicant’s attitude and behaviour when working with: (a) managers/supervisors (b) peers (c) subordinates.
- Suggest what you think the applicant will be doing in ten years.
Please complete the following if you are an Academic Referee
- Elaborate and/or provide us with concrete examples of how the applicant has demonstrated the intellectual capacity to undertake this postgraduate programme. For example, demonstration of quant skill, capability of rigorous analysis & critical reflection of problems, mastering understanding in theoretical concepts.
- Please provide us with any further relevant information about the candidate’s experience, abilities and temperament that you feel would be relevant.
- Please indicate where the applicant was ranked in the class.
Rate the Applicant:
Please use the table below to rate the applicant in the context of his or her peer group.
What is the peer group you are using?
Number in peer group:
Applicant’s ranking in peer group:
- Analytical Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Oral Communication Skills
- Leadership Potential
- Responsibility for Own Action
- Quantitative Numerical Skill
- Exceptional (top 2%)
- Outstanding (top 10%)
- Good (top 25%)
- Average (top 50%)
- Below Average
- Insufficient Information