05/17/2023 0 Comments
Getting Admitted from the MBA Waitlist
Hi, what are some proven strategies on getting off the waitlist? I have taken my GRE five times already so no more chances to retake it. Thank you!
The best actions are case by case; when doing a ding/waitlist analysis I match up what someone’s application weaknesses are and what can be done about them at this point.
- Improve test score, job title, job content (promotion, people management, international work project, etc.)
- Improve leadership profile - either at work or in the community.
- Do MBA Math if your quant score is iffy; strive to get it done in the least amount of time.
- Check to see if you have viable goals; if not speak to these in the update letter (best to anchor the update letter with something “harder” if possible.
- Get a letter of support written by alums if you know them well and it adds something to your file.
- Participate in WL webinars and get your name and face out there.
- At the end of an update letter emphasize they are your top choice, and you would put down a deposit immediately upon receiving an offer.
Leave a comment